I've recently had my braces removed (May 2009) and now have an Essix retainer for my bottom jaw (to wear at night) and an Hawley retainer for my top jaw with false tooth attached (to wear during the day).

Starting in Aug/Sept 2004 I had Damon type 2 brackets, then In-ovation brackets (replaced March and May 2006) and seven In-ovation brackets without clips (with elastic ligatures).
Total time in braces = 4 years and 8 months!

NB: All treatment is through the NHS apart from implant work done by Mr Ziff which is private.


Friday, July 18, 2008

Silly bruises

I went to have my appointment with Mr S my orthodontist.

I was the first appointment in the afternoon.

When Nicky the nurse came to get me, she commented that I wasn't as swollen as she thought I would be.

Mr S had a quick look at my teeth checking the wires, then used a mirror to gently have a look at my stitches at the top of my mouth and around the sides.

He said he usually cuts them as can take a while to dissolve and that he'll give me that option.

He was generally pleased and asked to take some photos of me.
He said it's always nice to see patients on the other side and doing the final run.

I have another appointment next week on Tues.

NB: Bruising on my arms is still there and now I also have a raised vein from the main drip I had when I had my operation. The vein hurts when pressed.
Another vein near the wrist is painful too, my boyfriend said it looks like I have bruising around the vein. Normally you can't see my veins, but this is making it show up clearly.

No comments: