I've recently had my braces removed (May 2009) and now have an Essix retainer for my bottom jaw (to wear at night) and an Hawley retainer for my top jaw with false tooth attached (to wear during the day).

Starting in Aug/Sept 2004 I had Damon type 2 brackets, then In-ovation brackets (replaced March and May 2006) and seven In-ovation brackets without clips (with elastic ligatures).
Total time in braces = 4 years and 8 months!

NB: All treatment is through the NHS apart from implant work done by Mr Ziff which is private.


Wednesday, July 23, 2008

No more painkillers! (maxillofacial)

I went to see Mr O my surgeon.

He was pleased with my progress and had a quick look inside my mouth.
He said the stitches on my hip can come out next week. I made a face and my Dad commented that I've been very worried as I thought the stitches were coming out today.

Mr O said "It won't hurt, it'll be like a tickle, they'll just cut one bead and pull the rest through, even you can pull it if you like"
I was thinking, no thanks, lol.

He asked about my numbness and whether I've been having any feeling, I said now and again I get itches on my upper lip and pins and needles sometimes. He said that's good as it means I'm starting to get some feeling back.

The sooner, the better I say.. I'm finding it annoying as my nose still leaks and I can't feel it. I have to always have a tissue with me, hehe.

We asked for some new dressings for my hip as everytime I shower I need to change it as it gets wet. Next app is for next week.

NB: I have now stopped taking painkillers as I'm no longer in so much pain.

No comments: