I've recently had my braces removed (May 2009) and now have an Essix retainer for my bottom jaw (to wear at night) and an Hawley retainer for my top jaw with false tooth attached (to wear during the day).

Starting in Aug/Sept 2004 I had Damon type 2 brackets, then In-ovation brackets (replaced March and May 2006) and seven In-ovation brackets without clips (with elastic ligatures).
Total time in braces = 4 years and 8 months!

NB: All treatment is through the NHS apart from implant work done by Mr Ziff which is private.


Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mouth stitches cut (some of them)

I went to see Mr S today. When Nicky came to get me she commented my swelling had already gone down since my last app 4 days ago.

Mr S asked "So do you want me to cut the stitches or just have a look?"
I said "Have a look" lol, I'm not very brave!

So he had a look at my stitches and cut the ones at the top of my mouth. The also removed a cut that were hanging loose.

He then asked how it felt, I couldn't really feel much difference as my top lip is still numb but he told me it should feel better as I can move my mouth a bit more now without it feeling restrained.

He asked how I was getting on generally and said I'm making good progress.
He wants to see me again next week before he goes on holiday.

No comments: