I've recently had my braces removed (May 2009) and now have an Essix retainer for my bottom jaw (to wear at night) and an Hawley retainer for my top jaw with false tooth attached (to wear during the day).

Starting in Aug/Sept 2004 I had Damon type 2 brackets, then In-ovation brackets (replaced March and May 2006) and seven In-ovation brackets without clips (with elastic ligatures).
Total time in braces = 4 years and 8 months!

NB: All treatment is through the NHS apart from implant work done by Mr Ziff which is private.


Friday, July 04, 2008

Admission date changed

Today I finally managed to confirm my pre-op which is on Mon 3rd July.

I rang for over a week trying to confirm as it says if you don't confirm your operation will get cancelled.

When I rang up the lady said since you have a pre-op where they will get all the info from you, you don't need to come in on the 13th for your admission, you can come in on the morning of the operation.
She said it'll save me from just waiting around.

I'm much happier being admitted on the morning as I think I would have worried too much staying in hospital overnight and probs wouldn't have slept very well.

She said she'll sent me a letter to confirm.

No comments: