I've recently had my braces removed (May 2009) and now have an Essix retainer for my bottom jaw (to wear at night) and an Hawley retainer for my top jaw with false tooth attached (to wear during the day).

Starting in Aug/Sept 2004 I had Damon type 2 brackets, then In-ovation brackets (replaced March and May 2006) and seven In-ovation brackets without clips (with elastic ligatures).
Total time in braces = 4 years and 8 months!

NB: All treatment is through the NHS apart from implant work done by Mr Ziff which is private.


Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bruising has gone!

My bruises on my arms have now more or less gone. The only bit which is still painful is the raised vein which hasn't settled down yet.

Today I went to see the nurse as I took the lil dressings off my hip and it looks like I have an infection as one bit looks yellowish.

The nurse said it is fine, I just need to cover it up with dressings to stop it from rubbing against my clothes.

No comments: