I've recently had my braces removed (May 2009) and now have an Essix retainer for my bottom jaw (to wear at night) and an Hawley retainer for my top jaw with false tooth attached (to wear during the day).

Starting in Aug/Sept 2004 I had Damon type 2 brackets, then In-ovation brackets (replaced March and May 2006) and seven In-ovation brackets without clips (with elastic ligatures).
Total time in braces = 4 years and 8 months!

NB: All treatment is through the NHS apart from implant work done by Mr Ziff which is private.


Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Healing well.. (maxillofacial)

At the Maxillofacial department today I got a quick check up to see how I am doing.

Mr O wasn't there today, I got introduced to a new guy today on the team. He had a look inside my mouth and said everything's fine and the stitches in my mouth are healing well.

They also asked to have a look at my hip, he said I don't need the dressings on and that it is healing up fine.

My Dad also told them that I fell down the stairs last week when I fainted after having a shower and they didn't seem worried.

I think my Dad wants someone to show concern as when I went to the doctor last week as an emergency, he said I was fine and just asked me to get some blood tests booked so they could check my cholesterol, blood sugar and whether i'm anaemic etc.

Wires will be cut in 2 weeks!

No comments: